CENTER FOR AFRICAN WOMEN AND FAMILIES
SOLUTION BASED CASEWORK
_ Sauti Yetu Center for African Women and Children, whose name means “Our Voice” in Swahili, is a community-based nonprofit organization that seeks to inspire African immigrant women and girls to _individual and collective self-empowerment.
Sauti Yetu is a multi-issue community-based organization dedicated to mobilizing African immigrant women to improve the quality of their lives, strengthen their families and develop their communities.
Sauti Yetu’s direct services, public education and advocacy promote immigrant girls’ safe transitions into adulthood, curbs violence in the family, and gives poor and low-income immigrant women access to life skills and leadership opportunities. Our services are evidence-based, focused on sustainability, and designed to leverage each woman and family’s strength and resilience to develop solutions to problems that create barriers to their political and economic self-sufficiency and personal well-being.
Solution Based Casework Program (SBC) is an evidenced-informed casework practice model that prioritizes working in partnership with families, focuses on pragmatic solutions to difficult situations, and notices and celebrates change. The model is based on three theoretical underpinnings: solution-focused family therapy, family life cycle theory and relapse prevention. Solution Based Casework (SBC) provides a common conceptual map for child welfare Case Planners, Supervisors, Leadership staff, and treatment providers to help focus everyone's efforts on clear and agreed upon outcomes. The Solution Based Casework Program (SBC) of Sauti Yetu serves 384 families in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Staten Island. Using an evidence-based, family-centered framework we strive to strengthen families and reduce the incidence child abuse and neglect. Our evidence-based clinical approach supported by the case management piece is crucial in addressing safety and risk issues for our families to become independent of system involvement.
We are seeking a Program Director for our SBC program. This person provides administrative to two model Supervisors, two FTC Conference Facilitators, Intake Coordinator, and Administrative Assistant. The Program Director is responsible for ensuring that the Program meets all ACS accountability mandates to ensure positive outcomes on all ACS measurements. He/she will collaborate with the other SBC program directors and the Executive Director/CEO and is also responsible for ensuring that the team meets all the fidelity measures and outcomes set forth by SBC. In addition, the Director is responsible for ensuring the program is compliant with Sauti Yetu's policies, procedures and is aligned with the mission of its goals and strategic priorities.
- Provide Administrative and Clinical oversight of one of the Solution based Casework program contracts and staff.
- Ensure that the program comply with ACS accountability mandates which result in excellent ratings on Performance Evaluation (VENDEX), OCFS and PAMS reviews.
- To supplement QA oversight, conduct random review of case records, monitor Child Not Seen, Supervisor Monthly Reviews, FASP Timeliness Reports and PROMIS and CONNX reports, to ensure compliance and best practice.
- Ensure that practice is delivered in a culturally sensitive manner that also adheres to model fidelity.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance Manager to ensure prevention standard compliance and best practices.
- As an implementation ancillary team member, support the Sr. Team's efforts, complete tasks as delegated, facilitate a continuous feedback loop with program staff, market new program services internally and externally, coordinate training, support positive change climate, develop documentation templates, and recruit staff in collaboration with HR Recruiter.
- Facilitate monthly staff and Leadership meetings.
- Act as liaison with ACS Program Development (APA), FAP, Community based Initiatives, Referral Management, Family Team Conferencing and DCP staff regarding audits, training on the models, and other inter-agency matters.
- Become familiar/trained in Solution Based Casework (SBC)
- Partner with consultants and developers regarding contracts, fiscal issues, and supporting model supervisors to manage compliance with the model fidelity.
- Arrange and coordinate external and internal training and ensure scheduling of and compliance with Workforce Institute training mandates.
- Provide weekly coaching, supervision and professional development to supervisors. Promote trauma informed supervision and practice and self -care. Promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Ensure that staff have access to requisite clinical supervision needed to obtain/maintain licensure
- Provide case and staff coverage in the absence of a supervisor.
- Familiarize self and staff with agency and Program Objectives and Strategic Priorities. Integrate them into practice that enhance overall agency operations and improve outcomes.
- Collaborate with HR Recruiter to identify appropriate candidates to fill program vacancies in a timely fashion. Ensure that new hires get a comprehensive onboarding process.
- Ensure that all staff demonstrate competencies in the execution of daily responsibilities. Utilize progressive discipline process when indicated.
- Work with supervisors to maintain positive work environment to support productivity and staff retention
- Partner with the Executive Director/CEO to develop ACS contract budgets, modifications, oversight of spending and reconciliations.
- Maintain utilization expectations to satisfy Performance based funding requirements for sustainable funding
- Attend meetings and network in the community to obtain referrals, build linkages and strengthen inter-agency collaborations. Attend required ACS meetings, such as the quarterly Prevention Directors meetings, COFCCA meetings as indicated.
- Responsible for administrative aspects of ACS accountability systems including PROMIS & CNNX
- Accept tasks as assigned by Executive Director/CEO
- Minimum requirements are a master’s degree in Social Work or a related area, with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory and administrative experience working with children and families in a child welfare.
- Professional licensing in Social Work or a related field preferred.
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good managerial, interpersonal, and leadership skills with the ability to function effectively as a role model.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good team building skills.
- Some knowledge and experience in developing and managing/monitoring budgets that are aligned with programmatic needs.
- Language fluency is preferred in Spanish/English or French/English, and one or more African and
Asian languages such as, (Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, Wolof, Fulani, Soninké, Mooré, Dioula, Bambara, or
- Willing and available to respond to emergencies and urgent situations 24/7.
Note: We are not accepting phone calls. Applicants must meet qualifications stated above. Only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates for positions with Sauti Yetu must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Sauti Yetu is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- working with children and families in child welfare: 3 years (Required)
- supervisory and administrative social services: 3 years (Required)
- Brooklyn, NY 11212 (Preferred)
- English/Spanish or English/French (Required)
- African dialect: Bambara, Mandingo, Soninké, Mooré, Dioula (Preferred)
- African Dialects: Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, Wolof, Fulani (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from FreelanceForThem
when applying for this job.