· Develops database solutions by designing proposed systems with defined database physical structures and functional capabilities to support product and customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Maintains database integrity through security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Prepares users by conducting training.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or similar fields.
· Database design, maintenance, security, and management.
· Experience with any of the main DMBSs (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server). Cloud experience a plus.
· Requirements analysis.
· Ability to work well within a team.
· Demonstrates technical zeal.
· Excellent written and communication skills.
· Project management.
· Ability to present technical information.
· Operating Systems.
· Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to use a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator.
· Computer Software: Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software, presentation software, software development tools including compilers, configuration management tools and database query software.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 per year
- SQL Server: 1 year (Preferred)
- Johnson City, NY 13790 (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Please mention that you come from FreelanceForThem
when applying for this job.