*Will Sponsor for DE, SAR or LAPP
A Mortgage Underwriter will underwrite residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards. The Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness. Will be working with loan originators or production staff to secure all required documents. This position will work with more senior underwriters on loan exceptions. Has the authority to withdraw and decline loans. May be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.) This job code includes all levels of underwriting authority and exception levels.
- As an Underwriter you will be responsible for but not limited to the underwriting of residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards.
- A Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan documentations for accuracy and completeness while working with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents.
- You may be required to work with more senior mortgage underwriters on loan exceptions having the authority to withdraw and decline loans.
- Mortgage Underwriters may be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.)
- You may also be required to respond directly to individual and investor audits.
- This job code includes all levels of underwriting authority and exception levels.
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous experience as a Mortgage Underwriter
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review complex financial documents
- Ability to assess an individual's creditworthiness while adhering to all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Ability to make credit recommendations
- Commitment to teamwork
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along with providing direct coaching and feedback to ensure quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, while practicing sound lending judgment
- The associate must have 3 to 5 years’ experience as a mortgage underwriter or mortgage processor, and be able to think outside of the box to obtain the required information on a retro basis.
- They must be able to assess the information obtained and determine if it validates the information used to qualify the borrower at the time of modification offer.
- The employee must be able to work independently producing results in a timely manner.
- They must have a strong understanding of the various documentation types, loan programs as well as the overall general underwriting guidelines.
- Must possess strong organization skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer applications.
- Loss mitigation experience a plus.
- Underwriting certifications a plus but not required.
- Secondary market experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Underwriting: 3 years (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
Please mention that you come from FreelanceForThem
when applying for this job.