Senior Learning and Development Specialist
We are looking for an excellent learning professional with experience in instructional design, elearning development, and training to work on key enterprise training initiatives. Additionally, the learning professional will assist in creating training simulations, assessments, and job aids along with planning training rollouts, managing the enrollment and evaluation process, performing needs assessments, and communicating training to the business units and project leads. Strong organizational skills, the ability to be flexible, and a positive attitude are important qualities that you must possess.
Position will require 20-30% travel to Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Hampshire locations.
Full Time position with compensation based on experience. Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D, Short-term and Long-term disability, and 401k. Additional employee paid options available, provided by Aflac.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience as learning professional and team leader
- Phenomenal communication, research, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Consult with stakeholder groups to assess and analyze learning and training needs, identify delivery methods, and insure successful and sustainable implementation
- Define, create and deliver training programs such as preparing lesson plans and developing instructor materials and assessments in order to meet the learning and development needs of the business units and ensure all requirements are met.
- Identify and analyze learning and development needs for client departments in order to develop quality training for clients and internal instructor staff.
- Deliver high impact training both in person and virtually online.
- Be able quickly to learn new technology and concepts
- Understanding of training and development principles and adult learning theory
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to perform in a team environment, collaborate with others, handle multiple projects, be flexible with change, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Experience in the disciplines of Gas, Electric or Safety and knowledge of technical training and safety policies / procedures/ standards and regulatory requirements a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment also a plus.
- Understanding of change management principles is a plus
- Working knowledge of Adobe Captivate and/or Articulate Storyline for building simulations and simple elearning courses
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- BS/BA in business, education, computer science or other relevant field
Please note that although we listed Westwood as the location, a significant time may be spent at client sites, as well as home office located in Woburn, MA. We are looking for candidates who can be flexible about traveling. There may be occasional work from home options as well.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Articulate: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Adobe: 2 years (Required)
- Training & Development: 3 years (Required)
Please mention that you come from FreelanceForThem
when applying for this job.