Senior Product Designer
We are a leader in the licensed products industry and have a portfolio that includes the top children’s licensed properties.
The Senior Product Designer is responsible for conceptualization and design of solutions from concept to reality. Most importantly, the Senior Product Designer should be passionate about designing products, be willing and able to work in a very fast pace working environment, interact with a variety of people and personality types, and be able to accept constructive criticism.
The candidate must be self motivated with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task. They must be a team player and have a “Whatever it Takes” philosophy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Effectively communicate product concept ideas both verbally and visually
- Develop storyboards, mock ups and prototypes to effectively communicate product design ideas to the team &/or customers.
- Work closely with the Product Development team on the design and production of product lines, including spec sheet creation.
- Ability to EXECUTE and deliver product designs, manage multiple concurrent projects, manage time frames, key milestones and other tasks in order to complete the product development process in a timely and successful manner is essential
- Be able to lead and manage junior designers and freelance designers.
- Prepare visual materials for product line reviews, sales meetings, and retailer presentations to convey product concepts.
- Support the sales team in creating necessary sales materials, including, but not limited to, customer samples, R&D samples, product catalogs, sale sheets, etc.
- 7+ years product design experience working in the consumer products industry (cut & sew experience strongly preferred)
- Conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities including a solid background in product design, packaging, licensing, typography, catalog production, and retail
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills in order to juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Experience working with Asia-based manufacturing resources
- Successfully manages their time, work flow and schedule in order to meet strict and aggressive deadlines
- Able to focus on multiple design projects and maintain attention to details
- Possess solid presentation, listening and communication skills
- Open and receptive to design critique but also able to represent and justify their own work
- Able to work quickly, efficiently and in a fast pace work environment
- Have some photography and art direction experience
- Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and 3D modeling programs a plus. Must be proficient with MAC in an OSX environment
- Experience with licensed children’s product preferred but not required
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Product Designing: 7 years (Required)
- Chesterfield, MO 63005 (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible
Please mention that you come from FreelanceForThem
when applying for this job.