Slutty Girl Problems has an immediate opening for a sex-positive, passionate, energetic, and self-motivated Virtual Assistant!
Slutty Girl Problems is sex-positive, feminist women’s empowerment digital media and publishing brand that creates content to entertain, educate, and empower women around their sexuality. Our inspiring content encourages women to feel confident and let go of shame, judgment, and stigma. Our work has been featured on Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Bustle, YourTango, Thrillist, Elite Daily, and other major press outlets. With over 5 million readers and 540K followers worldwide, we are a powerful voice for the sex-positive, millennial woman.
This remote virtual assistant position is a fantastic opportunity for a sex-positive freelancer who has a keen attention to detail, strong organizational and project management skills, easy-going and friendly email communication style, comfort with transcribing audio content into captions, and a familiarity with basic Wordpress and social media. Your role will assist our founder (Lorrae Bradbury) with project management and written content assistance across various projects - including adapting audio into social media captions, supporting with content editing, project management across multiple projects, moderating and managing a Facebook group, uploading content onto Wordpress and Mailchimp, and assisting with brainstorming, ideation, and implementation of new, innovative projects.
Ideally, the right candidate will have experience or feel comfortable with content assistance across digital platforms, including web, social media, and email - as well as direct partner-facing and community-facing communication via email and other social media. You will be comfortable managing multiple projects as once, prioritizing the importance of projects, and organizing deadlines, deliverables, and smaller workflow goals to meet larger project goals.
Experience working within a small remote team is a plus, as is the ability to bring your own ideas and strategic insights to bring projects to the next level. Passion for the industry is a must!
- Assist is adapting and editing written content, blogs, and captions across social media platforms, Mailchimp newsletter, and Wordpress website
- Transcribing video and audio content into captions and written content
- Editing and optimizing blog and caption content, with recommendations for engaging lead-ins, descriptions, titles, and CTA’s. Engaging writing skills are a must. An optimized marketing mindset is a plus.
- Upload creatives to website and social media platforms, including uploading Wordpress blog, tweaking content, and cross-posting content on social media platforms. This may extend to other platforms, including Mailchimp newsletter, Facebook group, podcast, YouTube, Discord, and Reddit in the future.
- Assist with project management, project timelines, and deliverables - specifically, supporting with press and collaborative projects to break larger tasks into smaller, actionable items, manage calendars, and ensure that project goals are completed.
- Assist in the editing, facilitation, and communication around press projects, including collaborating with and assisting founder through the creation process, and communicating with press and collaborative partners throughout partnerships.
- Assist in email management and administrative support.
- Work directly with founder to create timeline and deliverable plans for fast-paced projects, while priotizing and mapping out the most important next steps
- Work directly with founder to assist in the ideation and practical planning of new ideas and projects, community growth, existing community engagement opportunities - with projects digital workshops and courses, podcast, YouTube, and Facebook group management.
- At least one to two years of virtual assistant or related experience in content creation, editing, or community management
- Strong writing and editing skills to support transcribing audio content into captions, and support editing across social media, blog, and other projets
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail, and ability to organize projects and deadlines - while coordinating and delineating duties and organizing deliverables
- Extremely comfortable with conversations regarding sexuality, adult content, women’s issues, mental health, self-care, and trauma-informed psychology. Experience in the adult industry, publishing industry, or an adjacent industry is a plus.
- An enthusiastic go-getter perspective on social media best practices, influencer-style accounts, digital publishing, blogging, podcasting, and Facebook groups to provide assistance, strategic insights, and support
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and deadlines daily via email and phone, responding quickly and efficiently to inquiries and concerns, and able to multitask and prioritize multiple projects.
- Highly preferred - Basic knowledge of Wordpress and Mailchimp or another similar platform, with the ability to create upload and schedule blogs and newsletters across web and email
- Bonus - Basic knowledge of Canva or another design platform with the ability to create and update sales and marketing collateral such as price sheets and our media kit
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with excellent, friendly email etiquette
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and ability to prioritize tasks
- Must be comfortable working in a remote, flexible environment with access to your own computer and cell phone
- Ability to commit to at least one meeting per week, and work most weekdays throughout the week at flexible hours
- Hourly rate commensurate with experience
- A supportive, fun, and casual work environment
- Flexible schedule with about 10-15 hours / week
- Holidays and weekends off
- Opportunities to attend industry events
- Opportunities to receive free product
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $13.00 - $20.00 per hour
- digital marketing / editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- virtual assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Required question: What is your familiarity, comfort, and experience in the company, and the topics covered by the company?
Why do you want to work for this company, and how does your skillset prepare you for the job?
Hours per week:
Company's Facebook page:
Please mention that you come from FreelanceForThem
when applying for this job.