Do more than just go to work, THRIVE!
Movement Mortgage is not your average mortgage company. Our company is comprised of passionate people who strive for excellence while demonstrating servant leadership in everything we do. Here are the basics: we work hard, we have fun, and we make a difference. Sound too good to be true? Check us out on our website: www.movement.com.
We’re growing and looking for a Mortgage Underwriter.
We don’t need to tell you what an Underwriter is, but we do want to tell you why underwriting at Movement is better. We have redefined the mortgage industry, and one of the ways that makes us unique is that our process begins with the Underwriter. We have removed obstacles like appraisal and title so you can just focus on making the best decision for our customers and bring families home faster. A Movement Underwriter acts as our gatekeeper with upfront underwriting. We truly value your knowledge, so we empower you to make critical judgments. All of this in a stable, high-growth environment filled with opportunity and strong values. Here’s what you can expect:
· Leads the way with an upfront review and makes the initial credit decision based on company checklists and guidelines
· Reviews everything and issues the final approval after all items are gathered by the Loan Processor and keeps the Loan Origination System up to date
· Works with the post-closing team on any stipulations for closed files to push them over the finish line
· Methodical and analytical personality with the ability to underwrite FHA loans using our unique, upfront method
· Reviews loan files for self-employed applicants and FHA loans and income analysis for self-employed applicants
We’re fast-paced, expect a lot but give so much too, and your leadership is with you every step of the way. We know great underwriters have plenty of options but being a part of the Movement Mortgage team is unparalleled.
Skills & Experience
· Associates Degree in Business Management or related field
· Front end, retail purchase mortgage experience required
· 3+ years of front-end underwriting experience required
· Direct Endorsement (DE) and/or Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) certifications strongly preferred
· USDA and/or Bond loan experience preferred
Movement Mortgage is proud to offer:
· Competitive pay
· Medical, dental and life insurance
· Company matched 401K (Roth and traditional, up to 3.5%)
· Excellent career growth opportunity
· Fun, team-focused working environment
· Employee driven community outreach program
Job Type: Full-time
Movement Mortgage has a work from home order until all 50 states open back up completely. We are also increasing our onboarding experience so that you have training for the first 90 days as well as ongoing one on one coaching.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Company's Facebook page:
Posted 1 month agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume