OUR COMPANY WITHIN KINSHIP
Whistle is the pet tech brand transforming the way we care for our pets by empowering the people who love them. As the pet wearable market leaders, we track pet’s health, location, and fitness, and provide access to on-demand tele-vet services. By combining pet science and technology, our products help owners care for pets in ways not previously possible, and are changing the way we understand our pet’s overall health and well-being. Whistle is an operating company of Kinship, which is a tech division of Mars Petcare.
A BIT ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our team designs for the foundation of Whistle’s business for all current and future hardware products. We provide research and technical insights that help shape the definition of new products, exploring emerging technologies that push boundaries and empower our business. We develop core driver and application functionality and maintain a comprehensive database of diagnostic device data to ensure that our products meet the high standard of quality that our customers have come to expect.
HOW YOU’LL CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS:
- You'll breathe life into new hardware products during development and early production phases
- Your insightful analysis of diagnostic data will empower you to develop a world class product
- The features and products you develop will empower our customers to be the best pet parents
- Your research into emerging technologies will allow us to provide more powerful insights on our customers pets
WHO WE NEED TO CHART THE FUTURE OF PET CARE
We strive to hire people who are passionate about our purpose. For all of our Kinship roles, we look for candidates who will add to our culture and grow with us. We believe what we do is just as important as how we do it, and we aim to hire people who are:
- Optimistic. Those who are Courageous. Who’s boundlessly energy and enthusiasm for what’s next shines through in everything they do. We seek to work with people who are intrinsically happy, and who will drive our vision and purpose while managing the complexities of our businesses.
- Purposefully Inquisitive. Those who Learn at Pace and use their deep business insights to cultivate innovation. We want the trailblazers in tech. Those who are entrepreneurs at heart, ask the tough questions, adapt quickly to new situations, and analyze data in new ways to push our big ideas forward.
- Open to All. Those who Value Difference. People who are inclusive leaders and believe that our differences make us better. We hire people who are naturally collaborative, thrive in a flat and flexible organization, and seek broad perspectives in their work.
And for this role, we hope you have the following skills we require to knock it out of the dog park:
- BS CS (or equivalent) and 3 years of experience in related fields minimum
- Demonstrated success leading firmware design & implementation for consumer devices is required
- Strong knowledge of C is required
- Developing for low power microcontrollers (e.g., TI MSP430, Cortex M series, Atmel AVR) is required
- Experience using Python analytics tools suites (e.g. pandas, numpy) is preferred
- Experience writing SQL queries and performing statistical analysis is preferred
- Optimizing peripheral / sensor communications for low power is preferred
- Familiar with WLAN/WPAN protocols and devices (e.g., Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) is preferred
- Familiar with analog sensors (e.g., temperature, light, accelerometer) is preferred
- Familiar with batteries and charger ICs is preferred.
- Experience with GPS systems a plus
WHY JOIN US?
We offer our Associates:
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Multiple hubs to work from: NYC, San Francisco, Portland, London, Shanghai, and Moscow
- A dog-friendly workplace at most hubs, or right from your couch when you work from home
- Exceptional health, dental, vision, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Support for pet-related appointments and leaves
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new child
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship
Please mention that you come from FreelanceForThem
when applying for this job.