Mission: Your mission is to design and develop a micro-service architecture that integrates at its core the best engineering practises and the latest generation of machine translation research.
- Gather, understand, and prioritize requirements, research potential solutions, rapidly build prototypes, and distill and communicate what was learned, expected risks, necessary resources, and potential security concerns.
- Provide high-level technical design, strategy roadmap development, and technical architecture related to our existing and new services and related infrastructure used by our front-end engineers.
- Assure that our architectures are consistent with industry best practices including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility.
- Communicate strategies and processes around our services to cross-functional groups.
- Hack or learn whatever you want during bi-weekly learning afternoon.
- You are an experienced software engineer with 3+ years of experience.
- You have mastered NodeJS. Ideally you also have professional experience with Python. Other relevant languages in our stack include PHP and Java, any experience with those is a plus.
- You have experience defining and modelling a consumable API.
- You work autonomously, are energized by missions and goals more than a specific list of tasks.
- Experienced in designing, analyzing, optimising code, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- A fast-growing startup which is financially secured by EU research grants and well-known investors and already serves more than 3,000 business clients.
- The opportunity to contribute to cutting edge developments in the field of machine learning.
- Regular feedback and check-ins on your well-being.
- Flexible work environment.
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with lots of bars and restaurants closeby.
- Outstanding team atmosphere through regular team events, hackathons, and lunches.Development opportunities through conferences and own learning time slots.
- Subsidized gym membership (Urban Sports Club), free breakfast, coffee, drinks, fruits and dinner (after 8 pm).
- We give you one additional day of vacation, both 24.12 and 31.12. are half day off
Please mention that you come from FreelanceForThem
when applying for this job.